Re: Water pump bolts

To: Isensee@aol.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water pump bolts
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 20:22:09 PST
There is a socket that is used to insert studs into things.  That device
works like a pipe wrench and has three grabbing heads that get tighter
and tighter and dig in more and more the more you twist on it.  I used
to have one, and still may, but most of my tools are in Reno and I am
not. Also, it is generally a good idea to use 6 point sockets rather
than 12 point when there is a chance of this happening. As to getting
yours out, there are several things that I have done, from using heat
and a little pipe wrench, to heat and vise grips, to drilling, to
cutting the heads off to get the pump off to have room to get a pipe
wrench on it, etc.  None of the methods are much fun. Kim