bmcu

Re: [Bmcu] FW: Utah Bill to Classify Vehicles 30 Years Old and

To: <loren@shopsite.com>, BMCU <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] FW: Utah Bill to Classify Vehicles 30 Years Old and
From: MITCH D JOHNSON <spitfiresrule@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:44:17 -0600
I just returned from the DMV with my new "Vintage Plates" for my Spitfire. Now
before everyone runs down there understand that my car is a 1965 so it has
always been eligible for these plates.
I asked a lot of questions while I was there and this is what they have so
far:
$69.00 to buy the Vintage plates (I did not mind considering my renewal for
this year was at $70.00)
The 30 year deal kicks in on July 1st. Safety inspections as Gary mentioned
will be on the honor system. (not sure what happens if you fail to produce a
current inspection if pulled over?
$10.00 per year after that for new stickers to renew.
Everything is real vague right now for the DMV folks, they are being briefed
as we speak. I think I saw something on her paperwork stating there were
certain conditions to qualify to be Vintage (no dailey drivers)

Mitch D. Johnson

> Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 13:28:43 -0600
> From: loren@shopsite.com
> To: bmcu@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Bmcu] FW: Utah Bill to Classify Vehicles 30 Years Old and
Older as "Vintage Vehicles" Signed Into Law

> >From the original email in this thread:
>
> "Vintage vehicles are exempted from annual emissions and safety
> inspections."
>
> This seems to indicate that not even a safety inspection would be
> required, if the vehicle were registered as 'vintage'. Can anyone confirm?
>
> Also, does anyone know when this law will take effect, i.e. when I can
> go to the DMV and register my '76 as 'vintage'?
>
> -Loren
>

> On 3/29/2011 1:15 PM, Rob McNair wrote:
> > Rudy,
> >
> > Thanks for the good news! Will the 30 year old vehicles fall under the
same
> > law as the 40 year olds and be exempt from emissions and just need to have
the
> > safety inspection to be licensed each year?
> >
> > Rob

Vintage
> > Vehicles Signed Into Law
> >

> > To view this email as a web page, please follow this link

> > URGENT LEGISLATIVE ALERT (UPDATE)
> >
> > Utah Bill to Classify Vehicles 30 Years Old and Older as Vintage
> > Vehicles
> > Signed Into Law by Governor Gary Herbert
> >
> > Legislation (H.B. 221) to allow vehicles 30 years old and older to be
> > classified as vintage vehicles was signed into law by Utah Governor
Gary

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/rob45789@msn.com<http://autox.team
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bmcu/loren@shopsite.com