RE: Fwd: AirAlert - Spare the Air Sunday July 23

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fwd: AirAlert - Spare the Air Sunday July 23
From: Katie Kelly <aceontour@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:16:03 -0700 (PDT)
Carl, I get organic vegetables from local farms at a
farmer's market on my street. It is also possible for
humans to grow their own food. But let's not nitpick
this, as I respect where you're going. Unfortunately,
there has been very little research on the negative
environmental impacts of diet and exercise. But I am
going to point my research into this direction.

First, when when you exercise for performance, you eat
more. It is common knowledge that food fuels the body.
But the food must go somewhere. Where does it go? This
is an uncomfortable topic that no one wants to
examine, at least up close.

Or what about the erosion of the earth's surface due
to walking in general? Certainly side walks and
shopping malls have solved much of this problem, but
this does not stop people from running and walking on
designated trails.

Someone had to carve up the ground just to create this
trail. And then the runners and walkers only make the
situation worse by pounding their feet into the
ground, wearing it down into even finer granules until
they slowly erode into the sky.

As part of my research, I shall investigate the long
term benefits of paving even more of the earth's
surface in an effort to protect what's underneath.
This would also certainly help with our current
permanent site conundrum. I propose we start with
Newark.

-Katie