Re: Fwd: AirAlert - Spare the Air Sunday July 23

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: AirAlert - Spare the Air Sunday July 23
From: Katie Kelly <aceontour@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:52:06 -0700 (PDT)
I am not sure if the more hazardous the activity, the
better it is for the environment. For example, the
paper states that there are 12 times as many bicycling
fatalities than automobile fatalities per billion
miles. But go read page 5. I think he's saying that
the risk is miniscule when compared to the increased
longevity of those who avoid these accidents.

Furthermore, SportsCar Magazine has only been touting
the benefits of physical exercise for roadracers for
the last three issues. One of the articles claims that
triathlon (swimming, cycling and running) is one of
the best sports you can do to train for roadracing.

So it is not the autoracing itself that harms the
environment. It's the physical fitness that comes with
it.

But then, what about NASCAR? With all this scientific
research, I'm surprised the Sierra Club isn't a
sponsor.

-Katie