Re:Street Tire and more

To: ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:Street Tire and more
From: Ms Katie Kelly <aceontour@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:06:22 -0800 (PST)
Andy makes some strong points.

I was first going to write that I don't buy that
parallel classes dilute anything. Look at all the
years of parallel ladies classes, and no one talked
about the competition dilution; it's just another
option.

And then I was thinking, but perhaps having too many
options is a problem. I learned about this in a
post-modern literature course at Cal State
Bakersfield, a not-so-great place to study theater,
but that's what I did. The more options you have, the
more difficult it is to commit to a decision. It's
quite stressful, really. Big supermarkets cause me
great anxiety, what with all those ice cream choices.
Simple chocolate would do just fine, but what about
these here, with the swirls? And reduced sugar? I
don't eat that much ice cream and this is why!

I think SC for some reason is committed to trying to
make everybody happy: man, woman, alien, we have a
class for you. It would simplify things to go back to
basics. Present the classes that they offer at
nationals - commit to that one standard - and let
people work the rest out themselves. But that's a
whole 'nother topic - another choice! - and it's too
much for my own brain to handle.

I'm just thinking out loud. I have no clear opinion.
Because there are just so many, and I cannot decide.

-Katie Kelly