More Boondoggle History

To: ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More Boondoggle History
From: Ms Katie Kelly <katiekelly@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:21:39 -0800 (PST)
Hey all,

I was just checking past results and I saw that Vernon
and I first started chairing what was then known as
"Round 1" in 1998, after being inspired by the Round 3
of the previous year, chaired by Jesse Wills, with 275
entrants. We just knew that Round 1 had the potential
to be even worse, and we wanted to be in the eye of
that hurricane. The biggest controversy was the
decision to reduce the number of runs to 4 to 3, which
was bad enough. From 3 to 2 was when we went into
hiding.

Click here to relive the memories:

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/1998/Championship/round1.html

1999 was the first official Boondoggle by the Bay,
although this is not reflected in the results.
Probably they thought we were joking when we called it
Boondoggle by the Bay. It hadn't reached its now cult
status. This would make Round 1 of next year
"Boondoggle by the Bay VII" and not IV as it says on
the website. Can this be rectified?

Our goal at Boondoggle I was 300 entrants, but we only
got 281. A portion of the event proceeds went to a
charity, and we were also had event coverage in
SportsCar magazine that year.

-Katie Kelly