Re:Street Tire and more

To: pault151@comcast.net
Subject: Re:Street Tire and more
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 20 Dec 2004 23:03:51 -0000
Actually Paul, the argument about regional competiton serving to encourage or
discourage competition at the national level have been waged within the SC for
at least eight years. Me thinks it is high time some formal direction in that
regard was defined once and for all, so everyone voting on solutions would be
using the same judgment criteria.

Breaking Street Tire into stock and non-stock would have cut the old class in
half and *might* have been more effective in terms of run group managment than
what was done as it is not clear where the SM-ST and street prepared-ST cars
will end up nor how much problem they will add there.

It's the "competition" concern that muddies its desirability as a solution to
the run group management problem. Looks like trying to kill two birds with one
stone while everyone is arguing over which bird should be the second one. I
think we killed three birds, and two of them were harmless, inedible birds
singing different songs.

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:19:49 +0000 pault151@comcast.net wrote:
> <I can see where people would be perplexed with a steering committee which
> sometimes seems to randomly change directions. Rule 1 in organizational
> management is to clearly define and document the objectives.>
>
> Full agreement.  The system is not transparent or documented, except by
>minutes appearing four months after the fact.

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
https://signup.mybluelight.com