Re: autocross in the news, plus autocross on MTV!

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: autocross in the news, plus autocross on MTV!
From: "Ian Green" <iagreen@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:58:24 -0700 (PDT)
The MTV thing was completely lame. I went to it as well as some other L.A.
region guys. I'm the only autoxer i know of that went through all the
interviews. everyone else got bumped at the 1st interview with the "mtv
q's" (i dont know how i made it through that) or by the "no professional
instruction" rule that knocked out anyone who care enough about their
driving ability to have taken a class like skip barber.

The driving was really lame. Me and Jason Keeney both got the instructor
to grab the dash on the first "take it easy" lap.

In my opinion they were looking for streetracers. I'll probably only watch
it to see if they got me saying something stupid, very likely since i got
to the filmed interview and spent some time explaining why an autocrosser
will be faster than all the street racers (ricers) they were interviewing.

Ian Green
2003 Team Coleader
UC Davis Formula SAE
http://mae.ucdavis.edu/~fsae