RE: autocross in the news, plus autocross on MTV!

To: Alan Gruner <algruner@yahoo.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: autocross in the news, plus autocross on MTV!
From: "Paul S \(#51 STS\)" <ibisbike@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 17:56:38 -0700 (PDT)
I still make it under the age limit.  A year ago I
would have had no chance of getting past the interview
process.  But being laid off for 4.5 months at the
beginning of the year...and another month
currently...well somedays I have a little too much
time on my hands and Speed Channel is now NeckCar
24x7...so yeah, I'd have had a chance.

I'd still choose Martha Quinn to be stuck on a desert
islland with though...Oh wait Cindy Crawford had a
show for awhile too.  ;)

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow,

Paul

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=autocross&btnG=Google+Search

> > I was equally surprised to see that *MTV* of all
> > places, was
> > putting together an autocross contest and one-time
> > driving show:
> >
> >     http://www.mtv.com/onair/fast_enuff/
> >
> > It is only open to contestents who are under 34
> (now
> > I really
> > feel old; MTV won't have me), and the "casting" in
> > California was at the end of August.  I suppose
> that
> > you
> > could fly to Pontiac, MI, on October 5 if you were
> > really
> > devoted to getting on the show.  It isn't clear to
> > me whether
> > the final "celebrity race" is an autocross or on a
> > road course,
> > but the audition is definitely on an autocross
> > course.
> >
> > My apologies if this already showed up in other
> > forums,
> > I didn't remember seeing anything about it.
> >
> > Kevin
> > kml@patheticgeek.net
> http://sbc.yahoo.com

=====