Re: The waiver line getting in

To: siastuning@attbi.com
Subject: Re: The waiver line getting in
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:35:39 -0800
On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 11:00:08PM +0000, siastuning@attbi.com wrote:
> Oh man! The stuff I drank at nationals should be
> illegal. I FOUND some sort of "energy" drink at the
> local supermarket in Topeka.

These didn't happen to come in day-glo colors (blue, green, etc) and
sold in clear beer/sodal bottles with names like "Brain Wash", etc.,
did they?  My housemate in grad school received a bottle as a gift
from his parents.  The ingredients list was quite scary, including
Jalapeno juice and various herbs that have "special effects".  He was
halfway considering drinking the stuff just before his thesis
defense...

> I thought it would be a
> good idea to pound 2 of these "energy" drinks before my
> runs to pump me up. I think I was also sipping on Pepsi
> or Gatorade during the runs. It may have helped me focus
> more, but the side effects were crazy. I was sweating,
> shaking, and just plain AMPED out.

Yes, I discovered in college while working on my senior thesis that
Mountain Dew could make you think faster and keep you awake, but it
did absolutely nothing for your ability to concentrate.

I don't know Vic, you chug two cans of this stuff and take first at
Nationals...all I can think of is Popeye...

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94