RE: practice session

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: practice session
From: Hung-Jen Hung <ospfd@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:28:19 -0800 (PST)
> Easy?!
>
> I like what Ken said. EVERY event is practice.
>That's why SFR  drivers KICK BUTT over LA drivers. We
>get a lot more practice. :)

I don't know if people here kick butt over LA drivers
or no. However I do not agree we get more practices
here.  LA has already scheduled 10 pratice days for
this year besides the regular events.  For me, that's
how I learned how to drive. I was in Utah when I first
joined autocross in '93. The 2 years in Utah I
attended to every single event but still didn't know
how to drive. I know I am suck, so don't laugh. In LA,
from '97-'99, I also attented to every event including
many of the pratice sessions, I did find myself learn
alot by taking so many runs at the same course and I
finally found some clue on how to drive a car. So my
point is the practice events will speed up the
learning curve. Surely, every run is a practice, but
10 runs at the same course I could learn alot more
than just 3 runs. For you expert drivers, you guys
know how to take the line at the 1st or 2nd run, but
for me I may not find it till the 5th or later runs.
That is why I said it would benefit intermediate
drivers a lot. Well, just my 2 cents thought.

I will find some time attending to the meeting and
back to the course. Just my schedule conficts the
first a few events so I may not be able to show up
till April or so.

Hung-Jen Hung