RE: paintless dent removal

To: kkelly@spss.com, haggart@SLAC.Stanford.EDU, BA-AUTOX@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: paintless dent removal
From: "Rob Weinstock" <weinstro@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 13:14:50 +0100
>By the way, Brad quoted me $125 to fix just that dent.  Doing
>additional work on the same panel is only about $35 more, so I
>asked him to give me a quote on doing the whole car: the big dent
>in the rear quarter panel, a small dent on the same panel near
>the passenger door, a standard parking-lot door ding on the
>driver's side, a rock ding on the hood, and another tiny rock
>ding on the front fender.  He said he'd do them all for $200.  I
>couldn't refuse.   :)

Be advised that the success of such services depends on the type of dent and
the type of car. I used one such service and was told that second gen RX-7's
are difficult to work on due to how the car is constructed.

I also had a small, but very deep door ding. The service didn't do the work
properly, and now the door sheetmetal "oil cans". I paid about $200 and
wasn't very impressed.

Regards,

Rob