RE: paintless dent removal

To: "'Kelly, Katie'" <kkelly@spss.com>,
Subject: RE: paintless dent removal
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 11:23:12 -0800
Okay, I called Brad, and here's the scoop so far.

He does do group days.  He obviously likes to have a firm location, date,
and an estimated number of people.  He says if it's more than about 5
people, weekends will work well for him.  He obviously does give much better
pricing that way.  He definitely prefers the location to be somewhere in
Santa Clara county, as he is based in S. San Jose.  I told him I'd keep my
ears out and call him back, but if he didn't hear from me before Monday he
should just keep my appointment.

Sooooo.....

Here's what I think.  I dropped the suggestion of Boondoggle, and he kinda
winced at the location.  I also don't like the fact that it's so open ended.
Obviously everyone has dents, but then again you do have to pay him for the
service.  I'd hate for him to drive all the way there, and find hundreds of
people asking about the service and then passing it up, only to have 4
actual customers.  There are other factors.  Weather, for example.  If it's
a torrential downpour, it could be ugly, although I trust Katie will take
care of this.  Also, there's the issue that many people have dents they want
fixed, but not necessarily on their race cars.  Take me for example.  The
dents I want taken out are on the Z3, but I plan to have the MR2 at
Boondoggle.  So unless I can drive one car with each foot, that's not ideal.

Here's my suggestion.  We should set up a weekend day, maybe soon, at some
location on the peninsula but fairly north so most people can get there
without going too far.  Basically pick a date, as early as the 12th or 13th
would work for me.  Everyone who is seriously interested, let me know and
give a date preference or maybe a couple.  Anyone who has a good idea for
location also let me know.  It has to be somewhere where we won't get
arrested or kicked off the property.  Once I get all this info, I'll call
Brad up and schedule a date.

If you *really* feel strongly about Boondoggle, I could still suggest it,
but I'd like to get a decent number of firm committments first.

Please let me know soon, because if there is definite interest I (and maybe
Jerry) might want to postpone our Monday appointments, but if not I'll just
keep it.

Thanks,
Peter