RE: Nationals Course--not!

To: "Talley, Brooks" <brooks@frnk.com>
Subject: RE: Nationals Course--not!
From: Geoff Mohler <gemohler@www.speedtoys.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:41:52 -0700 (PDT)
> I think it's important to separate safety from making beginners feel
> good.  They can be realted, but they are not inseperable.  I don't think
> anyone wants a course that lends itself to people getting killed.  It
> also doesn't seem like we've got a problem with too few participants.
>
> I think it is just as much a disservice to our members to design every
> single course to be beginner-friendly.  It's only by challenging
> ourselves that we improve.  "Unclear" is in the eye of the beholder, but
> I don't think that making the course "clear" should be our highest
> priority (safety issues notwithstanding, of course).
---

Ive said it before, that I belive it should be the duty of any Region, to
continually challenge its members while allowing a friendly venue for
beginners.  Course design can be used to build the types of traits that
the McKamey(sp) school does..but without the expense.

The first time someone goes to nationals shouldnt be the first time they
learn how a course can be misleading if they dont know how to read it
properly if they have participated in any region for a period of time.