Re: Divisional Entries

To: craig boyle <craig_autox@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Divisional Entries
From: <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 13:01:36 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, craig boyle wrote:

> --- Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net wrote:
> > I seem to recall people complaining whenever the
> > Divisional is a SFR event
> > because they don't like getting beaten by outside
> > talent.  (I personally
> > regard this as a rather provincial attitude, but am
> > reporting it for what
> > it's worth.)  You'd have to do something like Craig
> > suggested by taking
> > out the non-SFR members to satisfy that contingent.
>

> Try thinking "customer focused", if people don't show
> at divisionals, let's try and encourage them to do so
> instead of calling them "provincial".  If strong
> opposition shows up, the div is a de-facto points
> drop, therefore eliminate non-SFR people for that one
> event from the points.
>
> ... of course, Pat and Jerry might not like this
> complication to much :-)

a)  I'm not interested (at this point) in increasing Divisional
attendance.

b)  I'm not a customer service representative for SFR, and am under no
obligation to behave as one.

c)  I didn't call the people provincial, I called the perspective
provincial.

d)  You put the people to be MOST concerned about (those doing the
actual work) as an afterthought.  I disagree strongly with that attitude.

e)  Don't tell me what to think.

KeS