Re: Painting a car...

To: Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Subject: Re: Painting a car...
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 15:19:22 -0700
I second Kevin's idea: something like the rainbow Studebaker in the
Muppet Movie or Janis Joplin's Porsche 356 (I wonder if Janice's
Porsche was the inspiration for Fozzie's Studebaker, since Janice
Joplin was the inspiration for Janice of the Electric Mayhem...)

A friend of mine painted his '78 Datsun pickup this way.  If you use
automotive paints, it actually comes out pretty nicely.  He did note
that if you brush the paint on, you shouldn't try to wax it...the wax
collects in the grooves, turns white, and looks bad.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94