Painting a car...

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Painting a car...
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 10:05:46 -0700
I was wondering if anyone has experience/suggestions on getting a car
repainted.  The car in question is a 93 Toyota MR2 painted a bright teal
which I am having a hard time coming to grips with.  On top of that it is
obvious that the car was already repainted, probably with a towel or at best
a can of Krylon.

I'm not sure if I want to go to the expense and trouble of painting it, but
if I were I might as well go for a nicer color, right?  But then the trouble
is the sills, engine bay and all other non-external parts will still be teal
unless I spend a whole lot.

Having never had experience getting a car painted, I'm trying to get a feel
for how much it would cost me to do various levels of quality/completeness
so I can decide how much it's worth to me.  I don't have enough experience
or time to do prep work myself, and I might even be able to live with teal
doorsills and the like.  I also have no idea which places are reputable.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Peter