RE: tire mounting: car discrimination ?

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: RE: tire mounting: car discrimination ?
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:15:40 -0700
Mark sez:

Howdy,

I'd say two hours of work should end up being $100 or so.  What'd you pay?
What kinda car / why the heck did it take two hours?

Mike sez:

Narrow profile tires (295x35x18) are hard to mount, especially when they are
competition tires and their sidewalls are extra stiff, and one wants to keep
the wheels free of scratches. Also during balancing they remounted a couple of
the tires to minimize the balancing weight.

They (America's Tire) did good work, I just didn't expect it to cost $155. . .
That's just ridiculous. I'll be going to Custom Alignment next time. They did
such a good job with the 4-corner balance and alignment, I should have gone
there in the first place. And I will next time.

See ya Sunday.

And James, I can show up with the early crew if you still need people. Let me
know. . .