Re: tire mounting: car discrimination ?

To: mrclem@telocity.com, Autocross <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tire mounting: car discrimination ?
From: Alan Gruner <algruner@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:59:30 -0700 (PDT)
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I have had good
service from the place I recommended.  If you are
spending a $100, Custom Alignment in Mountain View
charges in that range and do good job. They will quote
that price up front though.

I suspect that some of the "discrimination" is based
on the facts that your car looks like it can go
150mph, even if you have no intent to go that fast.
Tire and wheel balance take on a new importance at
those speeds.  on the other hand, your Panoz also
looks expensive. If you had shown up in an econobox
with 4 wheels and tires in the back, they might very
well have given you the $60 mount and balance.

I hope you have a better experience next time.

Alan Gruner

http://auctions.yahoo.com/