Re: The search for Jack Chew !

To: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>, <Eljssp8@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: The search for Jack Chew !
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:46:08 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
To: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>; <Eljssp8@aol.com>;
<Toy4speed@aol.com>; <ba-autox@autox.team.net>; "Jim Ochi"
<jochi@ricochet.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 8:10 PM

> It first takes a spot, that with wheel shims and four marked positions on
> floor, can be used for every repeat measurement. Now, to do absolutely
> "accurate" measurements, you need to "map" the floor positions to
determine
> the "shimming" required at each wheel location to attain a level plane, so
> you can, repeatably, locate the wheels and measure any changes you make.

Good idea, but not practical for an apartment dweller like myself.  Besides,
I'd only do it once a year normally (did it twice last year thanks to some
dumbass on 101 who performed some lovely custom bodywork on my Miata).  I'm
coming up on a year since the last alignment.

> Oh BTW, I'm talking from a position of "relative" strength, having
finished
> 16th at Nationals and "improved" to 11th at the recent SD Tour :-)  ----
> this is a joke, folks!

Or maybe I shouldn't get the car aligned.  Nationals last year was three
months after my last alignment, and I finished 42nd in class.  The SD Tour
was nine months after said alignment, and I came in 3rd.  Maybe, just maybe,
if I don't mess with the wheel alignment, I might win at Topeka!

Yeah, file that one under "major long shot"!

Scot
'91 CS Miata