Re: The search for Jack Chew !

To: Scot Zediker <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>, Eljssp8@aol.com,
Subject: Re: The search for Jack Chew !
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:10:05 -0800
To all,

OK, lets assume that Jack is the greatest and is really valuable when
needed. But, why haven't those of you, who want to change alignments more
than once in a decade, thought about doing your own alignments-alignment
changes?

It first takes a spot, that with wheel shims and four marked positions on a
floor, can be used for every repeat measurement. Now, to do absolutely
"accurate" measurements, you need to "map" the floor positions to determine
the "shimming" required at each wheel location to attain a level plane, so
you can, repeatably, locate the wheels and measure any changes you make.

If anyone's interested in more I'll expand on what techniques, I've used and
"tools" I've obtained, to do all my own stuff.

Oh BTW, I'm talking from a position of "relative" strength, having finished
16th at Nationals and "improved" to 11th at the recent SD Tour :-)  ----
this is a joke, folks!

        Don
Ochi" <jochi@ricochet.net>