Re: 2000 Winter Slush Series-revised

To: jss@marimba.com, adozzell@sc9.intel.com
Subject: Re: 2000 Winter Slush Series-revised
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:42:41 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/00 9:11:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jss@marimba.com
writes:

<<      (At GGF this weekend, part of the problem was the course layout,
 with
       cars barreling towards each other when the interval was just
 wrong)  >>

25 seconds was doable.  But for some reason, starters kept slipping back to
32 seconds or so.  I think I helped the starter on 6 groups, then a few
minutes later the start interval was off and when I caught it I'd go over and
change it.  I would re-think a couple of sections, though, if nothing else so
the starter would have more comfort with the start interval...

<<  Reduce downtime between groups.  10 minutes at the non-walkthrough
 breaks means a total of 1 hour of downtime.  That's a lot.  >>

This goes back to the GGF communication problem.  I had to go through the
pits looking for workers several times...  I had to help crews sort cards
several times while cars waited at the line.

<<  Start on time.  I haven't run much this year so I don't know how well
       we're executing there.  >>

I was at the start line with the starter for run group 1 at 10:05.  The
trailer crew had problems sorting the cards due to what we had to use  as
"time cards."

We had just about everything go wrong that possibly could on Sunday...

CHD