Re: 2000 Winter Slush Series-revised

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2000 Winter Slush Series-revised
From: adozzell@sc9.intel.com (TONY OZZELLO P802 AWS)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:58:18 -0700
Okay folks,

I can see I wasn't as clear here as I needed to be.
I do not advocate 15s overlap in any way, that would be insane.
What I implied (poorly) is that the trailer should not in any
way have an effect on the overlap. The trailer can run very
small overlaps if people stay alert. Safety can and should
determine the minimal overlap. I apologize if I gave anyone
the impression that I was that focused on throughput that I would
compromise on safety, no way!
A radio on the starter can help when the numbers are not clear
or the start is more than a few hundred yards from the trailer ;)

I also agree about the training of trailer crew. I'm perfectly
willing to spend the time working with new folks in the trailer
and showing them the best ways to handle large numbers of cars
at a brisk pace. I'll make myself available between my run and
work assignments at any event to help this.
During my own work assignment, if I'm running scoring/timing I
prefer not to have too many people about causing distraction.
The trailer isn't hard if you set up logically and ignore
anyone who comes to the door asking about helmets and such ;)

Tony

Charlie added: