Re: 2000 Winter Slush Series-revised

To: adozzell@sc9.intel.com, Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2000 Winter Slush Series-revised
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:03:30 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/2000 3:53:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
adozzell@sc9.intel.com writes:

<< Kevin highlights one of my pet peeves with recent events.
 The trailer should be able to handle a 15 second overlap
 with no more than 3 people in the trailer if they know what
 they are doing and are paying attention. >>

I absolutely disagree.  20 seconds is minimum, asuming grid has enough cars
in line to sort cards, and 20 is not enough for course workers to reset
pylons safely
(Rant mode coming...)

 <<  A solid trailer cew
 is essential to a smooth event and maybe we should restrict the
 trailer crew to those folks that can do the job.  >>

(RANT mode on)  You can't restrict the timing crew when you have so many
people that know absolutely nothing.  You'll end up with no trailer crew at
all.  Course workers are clueless.  There are so many cars with wrong
numbers, unreadable numbers, etc. that it makes the trailer crew's job
incredibly difficult.  We need to get hard-nosed about numbers, we need to
train workers, and it's not getting done.

CHD