RE: Looking for Info: Audi S4

To: "'Kelly, Katie'" <kkelly@spss.com>
Subject: RE: Looking for Info: Audi S4
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:23:09 -0700
Katie,

If he doesn't already know it, explain why an automatic doesn't stall when
it's in drive but stopped.  The torque converter is a slushy, fluid
connection between engine and wheels, and a portion of that precious power
will always be spinning away generating nothing but heat.  So, if he ever
autocrosses it he will regret getting the tiptronic because:

1) It's slower
2) The software won't necessarily let you shift unless it feels like it.
They may say it will, but I've tried them and they don't.

Peter