Re: Looking for Info: Audi S4

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Looking for Info: Audi S4
From: James Creasy <jcre@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:10:53 -0700
one of my good friends just took possession of his new S4.  ive been meaning
to ask him if he's figured out how to launch it yet. (crank it to redline
and sidestep the clutch)

after i get a chance to drive it i will be able to report on the
reliability.  :)

you can tell him that a performance car like that needs to be autocrossed
regularly to "blow the carbon out".  and not by a beginner, but by a
seasoned (and torque-starved) expert (that would be you, dear)

seriously, new cars are SOOO good compared to, say cars of the 60's and 70's
that the differences in reliability are small compared to insurance,
depreciation, and financing costs.  one of these days we will add 'gas cost'
back into the equation.

-james "do yer living now" creasy