Re: Panoz category: Howard has spoken

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Panoz category: Howard has spoken
From: "Darren P. Madams" <darren@madams.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:14:26 -0700
At 02:59 PM 7/20/00, Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 7/20/2000 2:38:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>darren@madams.com writes:
>
><<  Surely BM has to be GCR legal Formula Cars or Sports Racers... and I'm
>  doubting the Panoz is either of those.  >>
>
>Why would it not be a legal 2 seat coupe A/Sports Racer?

Roll cage and deformable (?) structure/crash box for one, no?  Belts and
harnesses?  Ignition kill switch?  Homolgomation?  I don't have the SR/FCS
in front of me to check, but I would think there was a myriad of things...
I guess some of it is not required by the Solo rules, but I would think it
would have to have started life as a recognized ASR.

Gotta find that rulebook when I get home! :)

         --Darren