Re: Panoz category: Howard has spoken

To: darren@madams.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Panoz category: Howard has spoken
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 18:56:34 EDT
In a message dated 7/20/2000 3:14:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
darren@madams.com writes:

<< Roll cage and deformable (?) structure/crash box for one, no?  Belts and
 harnesses?  Ignition kill switch?  Homolgomation?  I don't have the SR/FCS
 in front of me to check, but I would think there was a myriad of things...
 I guess some of it is not required by the Solo rules, but I would think it
 would have to have started life as a recognized ASR.

 Gotta find that rulebook when I get home! :) >>

So, you're thinking all that would be caught in tech?  Or that Mike Lella
woul;d file a protest?  :-)  Deformable crash structures have not always been
required in Formula or Sports Racing Cars and a lot of cars have been
grandfathered into Solo 2.  Homolgation was never required in ASR, you could
build whatever you wanted, belts are surely provided in a Panoz (since Solo 2
only requires a lap belt), the killswitch is right there next to the steering
wheel with the ign. key hanging out of it, and the rollcage is, uh, well,
hidden up there somewhere...

What the Hell, OSP sounds better, anyway.

CHD