Re:Public Flames and....

To: Jesus Villarreal <jesvilla@gte.net>
Subject: Re:Public Flames and....
From: Robert Glover <rob@f-body.org>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 15:19:11 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 11 May 2000, Jesus Villarreal wrote:

> OK, as the Owner and administrator of AAS, I'll have to answer to one or
> more of those statements. And, yes Frank, Barbara and I saw the scathing
> post to the F-Body list earlier this year, but refused to answer or
> refute the silly diatribe.

Ahh... so you chose to ignore the fact that you managed to alienate the
BSP people by combining it with ASP?  And I know WHY this happened too --
money, plain and simple.  Since you choose to pay out cash awards each
year to the top finishers, it was cheaper to pay out for ONE group which
is combined, than for two smaller groups.  So now the BSP people have to
try to compete with built RX-7's and Vipers.

> Two, "Burger King" Rob "Have it your way" Glover has shown a propensity
> to pack up and leave whenever something isn't exactly as it was supposed
> to be, no room for changes in his time schedule. Seems to get sick quite
> often too, a lack of vitamins maybe.

Gotta love the personal insults.  I don't recall ever insulting you
personally.

> Three, yes we all like to be told and praised when we do good, but none
> of us thinks we're Holyier than thou. This is a very friendly region,
> but when you piss people off, they don't just go away and forget it, you
> can't reboot peoples memories and expect them to forget that you ran
> them over the coals.

And I piss people off by simply stating a dislike for a hotel chain.  Yup,
great example of the hot tempers around here.  It's not just me.

> Four, if Dennis and Peggy can keep you happy, then more power to them,
> but my guess is that they'll soon get tired of your tirades and then
> you'll have to find another place to play.

I'm tired of the autox game.  It isn't worth it anymore when you can't
even state an opinion without getting slammed like this.

Oh, BTW, let's not forget the AAS website that I'd offered to do for you
for a VERY reasonable fee -- but was instead stolen out from under me by
two people whom I'd introduced to the sport in exchange for free
advertising.  Yeah, I see it's going just as I expected -- badly.  They
couldn't design a decent site if their lives depended on it.

Lastly... I DON'T consider AAS somewhere that I even _want_ to play.
First, the class reorg, second, the website deal, and third your personal
attack, and you can be quite sure I won't be back.

Since everybody wants to make personal attacks, I'm gonna save my breath.
After this post, I'm unsubbing, and since I'm obviously not welcome, you
won't see me around again.  I can hear the cheers already.

Rob