Re: Co-Chair needed for May 20th SCCA AUtox

To: "Grantz, Sherry" <Sherry.Grantz@Aspect.com>
Subject: Re: Co-Chair needed for May 20th SCCA AUtox
From: Keith Hearn <khearn@Legato.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 11:55:39 -0700
In message <99452BBA86DBD311A6A20080D8700A0F1A6754@naems6.aspect.com>, "Grantz,
 Sherry" writes:
> >        And do recall if the Safety Steward makes a request in the interest
> >of safety, he has the ability to cancel the event's insurance. If he does
> >that, he will announce it and depart the scene. That will also quite
> >effectively screw up our negotiations with the property management as that
> >would be happening right in front of them.
>
> John - like this has ever happened at one of our events (OK, I'm only
> talking the last decade - my limited experience). But, of course, since we
> have the Candlestick people hanging around I'm sure Bryan could arrange a
> first-time occurrence for us.

This isn't likely to be an issue. I've also been trained as a safety
  steward, and I've spent some time reading the rules. If Bryan has a
  problem with the course, it'll get fixed. There's no way he'll end up
  making that phone call.

I'm not worried about the course (well, not too worried), it's things
  like registration (who? where are the supplies? what gets done withthe
  money afterwards?), setting up the timers & PA, and other little
  details that I have no clue about that have me worried.

There's still an opening for an experienced co-chair, folks.

  Keith Hearn
  '99 Miata 10AE "Sexy Sadie" the Sapphire Shark
  B-Stock
  Milpitas, CA