Re: Co-Chair needed for May 20th SCCA AUtox

To: ba-autox-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Co-Chair needed for May 20th SCCA AUtox
From: "Grantz, Sherry" <Sherry.Grantz@Aspect.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 10:50:53 -0700
Great work, John. I'm sure this will inspire lots of volunteers to step up
and volunteer to co-chair the event, plus it has the added advantage of
really motivating the safety stewards to donate their day to the cause.

John Kelly wrote:
>We have been in some serious negotiations with the folks at
>3Com/Candlestick and they will be coming out to see one of our events for
>the first time on May 20. Thus I would suggest you copy the grid area used
>by Sobie last time we were there. That seemed to work really well.
>        On the course, do pay close attention to the finish. I think even
>Brian Nemy--who will be the Safety Steward-- learned a few things from
>Sobie's event. <G>
>        Spinning cars at the finish line, as happened at a previous event,
>and reported on this forum, are the very kind of thing we don't need.
>
>        And do recall if the Safety Steward makes a request in the interest
>of safety, he has the ability to cancel the event's insurance. If he does
>that, he will announce it and depart the scene. That will also quite
>effectively screw up our negotiations with the property management as that
>would be happening right in front of them.

John - like this has ever happened at one of our events (OK, I'm only
talking the last decade - my limited experience). But, of course, since we
have the Candlestick people hanging around I'm sure Bryan could arrange a
first-time occurrence for us.

Sherry Grantz
Probable rookie safety steward for this event
(and BTW I hate fast finishes; better spinnin' than cringin' [of the timing
slip hander-outer])