Re: can't get it into 1st when rolling faster than 10mph

To: mrc01@flash.net
Subject: Re: can't get it into 1st when rolling faster than 10mph
From: Kenneth Allan Mitchell <nokones@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 18:01:24 -0700
I bet your friend wished he had the extended warranty. I elected to do
the extended warranty for my 93 with the no deductable and no cost
rental car with GMPP and thank god I did. I had my tranny replaced thank
god it was under the warranty. I think my tranny bill would have been
about $4300.00. That would have been a big ouch if I had to pay for it.

The reason they replaced the tranny was because they found metal in the
oil. I think that was from the 1-4 shift lockout. Seem like everytime I
had brain fade and shifted into second at low-speed the lockout kicked
in and when I tried to work around the lockout I ended up grinding a
gear. I could have chipped a tooth. In anycase I was glad that GMPP took
care of the bill.