Re: DSP Class Change Proposal (ref 06-096)

To: "Paul Leonard" <pleonard@miraclemethod.com>,
Subject: Re: DSP Class Change Proposal (ref 06-096)
From: Sam Strano <strano@stranoparts.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:44:22 -0400
At 09:22 PM 6/20/2006, Paul Leonard wrote:
> From the July FasTrack;
>
>The SPAC is recommending the following class change proposal package,
>effective 1/1/2007 and published here for member comment (ref. 06-096):
>- Re-class the following cars from DSP to BSP:
>    - BMW 323, 325 & 328 (E36 chassis); combine with M3 (E36), M3
> Lightweight listing in BSP on the same line
>    - BMW 6-cylinder (E46 chassis), except M3
>    - Lexus IS300
>- Re-class from DSP to CSP, BMW 325 and 328 (E30 chassis), on separate
>line from M3 (E30)
>
>It is my opinion that DSP is a healthy, competitive class, and this
>proposal would kill it, as well as hurting many SCCA members.
>
>If you agree that this proposal should not be adopted, please write to the
>SCCA at seb@scca.com <mailto:seb@scca.com> and voice your opposition.
>
>I have also created an online petition which allows you to register your
>opposition, and has numerous arguments that you are welcome to include in
>any personal replies;
>
>http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/942066467
></linkthru.aspx?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.thepetitionsite.com%2ftakeaction%2f942066467>

And this is why it's out for member comment.....  And I would also
encourage writing!   I'll tell you that any online petition likely isn't
very useful.  If you are going to write, it's best you letter has your own
ideas and comments.  Form letters tend to get treated like form
letters.  Tell us why you think this is a good a bad move, and please
include some tangible thoughts!!!!!  Saying it's a bad idea because you
think it is, without telling why isn't all that useful, at least to me, if
you are trying to convince me of an argument.
Sam Strano Jr.
Strano Performance Parts
Orders: 800-729-1831
Tech-line 814-849-3450