Re: [evolution-disc.] Statement from the Ft. Myers National

To: stroyer@micron.com, mark@sirota.org
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Statement from the Ft. Myers National
From: SJMARCY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:59:02 EST
In a message dated 2/22/2006 1:11:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
stroyer@micron.com writes:

Very  good question Mark.  I don't have scientific data on this, but in  my
experience, a 75' wide slalom would produce 60mph slalom.  This is  very
common at ProSolo's.  I'm thinking 45mph would require  somewhere
between 50' to 60' spacing.  Just guessing, no data to back  this up.  Can't
remember what the 45' spacing would  yield.

Data point from one of the car testing magazines.  700 foot slalom  with 100
foot spacing.  These days the faster cars enter the slalom at  about 80 MPH
and wind up with low 70s speeds.

Stan