Re: Another Shock Question

To: greendotracing@netzero.net, christina_andersen@yahoo.com,
Subject: Re: Another Shock Question
From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:41:58 EST
In a message dated 3/12/03 5:27:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
greendotracing@netzero.net writes:

> So if the yellows are/need to be run at "full" soft, wouldn't the reds
> actually be a better choice? Seems to me that if the yellows are run at the
> full extreme end of the adjustment range, that is not likely to be
> "perfect".
> Bruce

Hard to say for sure without having the shock dyno curves for the reds vs
the OE stock shocks.  The reds on full soft probably aren't much stiffer
than the stock shocks that came on the car.  The idea of running the rear
shocks (even an aftermarket shock) as soft as possible on a Mustang or
F-body is to keep the inside rear tire on the ground as much as possible
to reduce wheelspin coming out of corners.  You're right, Bruce, in that
the "lower" adjustment range of the reds would allow more room to play
in that area that the yellows would not, if you were using the yellows at
the extreme low end of their adjustment range.  Depends on how much
someone is willing to remove the reds for the purpose of adjusting them,
and of course the lower cost of them IS a benefit, too.

GH