re: Recent Action by Dennis Grant

To: <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: re: Recent Action by Dennis Grant
From: "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 12:13:45 -0800
I give my thanks to Jay Mitchell for taking a stand and notifying the
broader Autocross community of what transpired on the STU forum.  I can't
add anything really, but I will anyway.

Dennis Grant's STU list has been the defacto place to go for all things
related to Street Modified.  It has been an important public forum that had
a strong and active role in the development of the class.  To ban somebody
from that list is far more serious than just "get out of my little
benchracing lounge".  Dennis Grant has been entrusted with the role of
moderator in a forum devoted to our entire class and those interested in our
class.  I strongly believe that Dennis Grant has proven himself to be
unworthy of leading or moderating the SM discussion list.  He has brought
his own personal squabble with J. Toby Mordkoff into the public and
retaliated using his power as list moderator.

Now Dennis Grant has made his problem a problem for the other list members.
Dennis did two things.  First, he proved to all, who held the keys to the
free public STU@yahoogroups forum.  Second, he proved that that forum CAN NO
LONGER BE THE DEFACTO PUBLIC STREET MODIFIED DISCUSSION FORUM.  Dennis had
the power to ban Dr. Mordkoff.  And in doing so he proved that it is Dennis'
private little group.  The forum has lost all public credibility in one
shocking childish, and irresponsible action.

I'm hoping somebody who is well respected and trusted by this community will
step up and open a new forum to discuss the street modified class (or
declare an existing alternate forum the place to go).  Let Dennis play the
bagpipe music in his own personal sandbox.  The adults need to move forward.

Steve Ekstrand
Cal Club  SM #36/360
www.conemangler.com