Re: Recent Action by Dennis Grant

To: <stu@yahoogroups.com>, <streettouring@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: Recent Action by Dennis Grant
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 15:04:58 -0800

> Dennis Grant's STU list has been the defacto place to go for all things
> related to Street Modified.  It has been an important public forum that
had
> a strong and active role in the development of the class.  To ban somebody
> from that list is far more serious than just "get out of my little
> benchracing lounge".  Dennis Grant has been entrusted with the role of
> moderator in a forum devoted to our entire class and those interested in
our
> class.  I strongly believe that Dennis Grant has proven himself to be
> unworthy of leading or moderating the SM discussion list.  He has brought
> his own personal squabble with J. Toby Mordkoff into the public and
> retaliated using his power as list moderator.
>
> Now Dennis Grant has made his problem a problem for the other list
members.
> Dennis did two things.  First, he proved to all, who held the keys to the
> free public STU@yahoogroups forum.  Second, he proved that that forum CAN
NO
> LONGER BE THE DEFACTO PUBLIC STREET MODIFIED DISCUSSION FORUM.  Dennis had
> the power to ban Dr. Mordkoff.  And in doing so he proved that it is
Dennis'
> private little group.  The forum has lost all public credibility in one
> shocking childish, and irresponsible action.
>
> I'm hoping somebody who is well respected and trusted by this community
will
> step up and open a new forum to discuss the street modified class (or
> declare an existing alternate forum the place to go).  Let Dennis play the
> bagpipe music in his own personal sandbox.  The adults need to move
forward.

> Steve Ekstrand

 - Just the IMHO of an SM outsider (While I don't personally know DG and
based on some posts I've seen in this forun he is capable of being
controversial, I do know and respect Steve) -

While I have not read any of the JToby posts, only Dennis' ban, the reaction
to it and his responses,  this post seems to be way over the top, certainly
more reactive and less adult that Dennis' action. Was there ever any doubt
it was Dennis' forum and he had the right to moderate/ban?  Does a single
action make it "NO  LONGER BE THE DEFACTO PUBLIC STREET MODIFIED DISCUSSION
FORUM"?  It certainly appears it was not an easy or hurried decision on
Dennis' part.  "The forum has lost all public credibility in one shocking
childish, and irresponsible action"  Yet if this JToby's multiple actions
are indeed disruptive to the forum and it's primary purpose he's the adult
and Dennis isn't?  There's over 300 members on the SM forum and a half dozen
or so have reacted negatively.  Most of us know that only those that oppose
some action tend to get real vocal and those that support it tend to keep
quiet.  Certainly appears the majority agree with Dennis' actions.

Rick Brown
BM D Sports Racer / F125