Insurance study of racing drivers

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Insurance study of racing drivers
From: VWRacers@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:21:52 EDT
My wife works for the California Highway Patrol as a dispatcher. Nearly all
of the fatal accidents in her area (which includes I15 from Victorville to
Nevada Stateline) are caused by driver induced errors (such as not paying
attention, getting off the pavement and over correcting for their error, e.g.
Like running off the right shoulder and ending up stuffed into the center
divider. Most often the vehicle is high profile and overloaded  with people,
most of whom are not seatbelted in.

It is not the road or the vehicle that kills, but unfortunately, too many
times, it just driver error.  Driving error because DMV doesn't make them go
thru driving situations, of emergency types.  For example, what to do if they
do loose control of their vehicle because of sleepiness or blown tires or
someone else cutting them off.