RE: Insurance study of racing drivers

To: Eric Salem <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Subject: RE: Insurance study of racing drivers
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:24:27 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Eric Salem wrote:

> <<
> If you couldn't stop faster than a pickup truck without losing control
> of your car, it *DOES* sound like you were tailgating.
> >>

> Unless the pickup was on all-weather tires with a higher ratio of
> vehicle weight to contact patch, than the sportscar which weighed far
> less and wider tires and said tires maybe weren't optimized for the wet
> surface.
>
> Not picking a fight kev, but their could be other factors.

Kevin, please.

I'm not trying to pick on Carson at all.  Simple fact is that in most
states, if you run into the back of someone else, you didn't leave enough
following distance and are at fault.  Exceptions (sometimes) include cases
where you are precipitated by someone else hitting YOU from behind, and
cases where the offending driver wasn't legally established in your lane
(ie pulled out directly in front of you), neither of which seemed to apply
here.

KeS