RE: Wireless autocross timing equipment?

To: "'Autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wireless autocross timing equipment?
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 19:08:58 -0500
Okay, you yous guys got me thinking. And then we discussed it at work.

With a wire synch times on the wireless equipment every hour or so and
you're in the .001 ~ .0005 range. Then store the time for each start and
finish on the start and finish units. A few seconds after each finish
the finish line forwards it's time to the main system and asks the start
for it's time.

The displayed time would be a few seconds after any given run, but would
be really damn accurate.

May want a volunteer to code it though and it would take some time to
write. Hardware wouldn't cost much though.