Was is A Stock soft

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Was is A Stock soft
From: Craig & Cynthia Naylor <magazine@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:37:19 -0700
Thank you steve for your poem about GS.

Was AS is soft, read on as to why:

As a team.netter who rarely posts, but follows in digest mode, I to am
tired of the sniveling amongst SS AS BS, as to who should or should not
be in their classes.  With all the changes made to the class structuring
for 2002, so the squabbling would stop over how unfair their car is in
their class, those of us in GS & HS actually bore the brunt of their
problems.  So far this year I have competed against in GS, both locally
and on a National Level (San Diego, El
Toro, Atwater) against the following cars in alpha order:

Nationally:
Acura: Integra GS (Mine is a '91), Integra GSR
Audi: A4
Dodge Neon ACR
Honda: CRX Si
Mazda: Protigi MP3
Nissan: Sentra SE-R
Saturn: Coupe
Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Toyota: Celica GT & Celica GT-s
Volkswagen: GTI VR6
Volvo: S80

The above cars range in Hp from ~ 97 to 260
We have FWD, RWD, AWD

Additional Local GS Cars so far this year:
Acura: CL, RSX,
Audi: A4 1.8 & A4 2.8
BMW: 318
Chevy: Camero V6
Dodge: Neon ACR
Ford: Mustang V6, Probe, Contour SVT, Taurus SHO
Honda: Accord V6, Civic Si, Prelude
Lincoln: LS
Mitsubishi: Galant
Nissan: Maxima, Sentra 2.0
VW: Jetta 1.8 & VR6, Passat 1.8 Wagon

Tongue in cheek here (sort of)  I know the name of OUR organization is
Sports Car Club of America, and depending on how you define sports cars,
none of GS may qualify. But, since there is no Sedan Car Club of
America, and our interests are the same as those you drive real Sports
Cars, I for one am tired of being pushed around (Car classing wise) to
settle the bickering of the Top of the Class complaints.  We in GS have
just learned to live with it.

Would those of you in SS, AS, BS,  put up with an aprox. difference of
163 hp spread in your class. H**L No!, Would you compete with FWD RWD &
AWD Cars, Again NO!  But every time you whimper, wine, moan & complain
that there is a car in your class that you don't like, yet another car
gets pushed down the classes to the bottom.  So I suggest (tongue really
deep in cheek), Why don't we put DS, ES, GS & HS all in HS, so that The
ZO6, C5, C4, Boxter, S2000, and which ever other car needs its own
class, can.

--
Craig Naylor
Was ES Now GS