Re: PA systems

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PA systems
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 07:59:19 -0700 (PDT)
I replaced our old Radio Shack system two years ago. I
shopped a bit. I wanted a 12v system to avoid the
dreaded generator hassles and had already gone with
Race America for that feature with my timers.
I found the Fender system to be exactly what I wanted,
and it cost about half what the Peavy would have. I
did not know of nor check out the Corvin product.
The Fender system is also nicely packaged and
assembles into a large suitcase sort of carrying
package. Too big for my wife to carry, but it always
has all of the stuff together when we set things up. I
got the larger of their two systems and would expect
that the smaller one would be plenty. We run at a big
airport with a 500'x1000' space and never bother to
turn the volume up above 1/3. The old Radio Shack toy
was always at full distortion, 11 on the scale of 10.
Only the speaker stands and 12v adapter box are
external to the suitcase style package. It's kind of
like one of those silly transformer toys.
It runs for two day events nicely on one standard
WalMart deep cycle battery without a need for
recharging [or running that #@*# generator]. I run the
RA timers and display on another battery mostly as a
security concept, the PA may fail but the timers must
not.
Since I have no dog in the PROSolo game nor even the
SCCA Nationals game I have no moral dilemma over not
paying extra for a sponsor's product.  8-)

=====
Dennis Hale
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com