Re: VW trans warranty

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VW trans warranty
From: Sup4speed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 00:49:59 EST
In a message dated 11/29/2001 7:03:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dave2020@mindspring.com writes:

> If the short shifter caused the problem, I guess I would suggest you deal
> with it on your own.  If it is in fact a design / manufacturing problem,
> then I would put the stock shifter back in and see another dealer.
>
> Don't try to cheat them, but if they are trying to cheat you by using the
> shifter as an excuse, don't let them pull it off.
>
> My $.02
> Dave Hardy
> 89 SM

Dave:

My position exactly.  The Neuspeed shift kit should have no effect on the
longevity of the synchros, or 2nd gear.  The car has had a pretty gentle
life, 32k miles, orig clutch, autox just twice.  I have no problems dropping
in a upgraded tranny if needed, but at 32k, I also hate to be taken advantage
of.  What really burns me is the thought of removing the shift kit and
putting in the stock parts crossed my mind, but figuring its more honest, and
the kit has no relevance to the tranny blowing up, I decided to leave it in,
consistant with the rest of the car's appearance.  I'm not looking for a
legal battle, won't win that anyway, just hoping for some common sense and
courtesy.

Don Lew
'98 Jetta with Dorito sounds in tranny