Re: VW trans warranty

To: dave2020@mindspring.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VW trans warranty
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:45:42 EST
In a message dated 11/29/01 7:03:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dave2020@mindspring.com writes:

> If the short shifter caused the problem, I guess I would suggest you deal
> with it on your own.  If it is in fact a design / manufacturing problem,
> then I would put the stock shifter back in and see another dealer.
>
> Don't try to cheat them, but if they are trying to cheat you by using the
> shifter as an excuse, don't let them pull it off.

I'm also not convinced that a short shift kit can't exacerbate a problem,
especially if it's synchro related.  The ability to move the transmission
parts faster can cause you to beat the synchros.  Have you ever beat synchros
during a shift and heard the resultant crunching noises?  It can't be good.

All that aside, I'd put the stock shifter in and give it a try.

Charlie