Health coverage for "dangerous activities" aka racing?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Health coverage for "dangerous activities" aka racing?
From: Darren Madams <darren@madams.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:12:03 -0800 (PST)
Just finishing up the paperwork for open enrollment, and I remembered
there was some stink earlier this year about a new law coming into
effect that would allow health companies to deny coverage (either in
whole, or per incident) if you participate in [undefined] "hazardous
or dangerous sports or activities"... since I assume autocross, and
definitely kart sprint racing falls under that banner, has anyone had
any experience being denied coverage or anything?  I assume the SCCA
medical coverage will kick in if mine doesn't, but I'm curious as to
the progress of the law and its effects.

For reference, here's a page with a couple of links I found quickly
http://www.nynjtc.org/issues/2001/helcover.html
I heard about it through my fiances horse activities (AHC)

        --Darren