Re: Stock Class - DS/GS

To: Erik Van-der-Mey <autox@webcentrix.net>
Subject: Re: Stock Class - DS/GS
From: Lloyd.Wilson@alcan.com
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 12:11:50 -0500
Erik, one important thing you left out concerning the Neon is that it and
the Celica are the only ones that allow crash bolts and therefore the only
ones that are able to go beyond -.50 camber.  All the other cars are camber
limited.  This doesn't mean I think the Neon is fairly classes, I see the
augment for it to go into either DS or GS.  But the alignment thing
definitely helps it be a little more competitive than you make it appear.

Also, in the latest revision, the S4 and TT are not together any more.  As
you stated, "original" proposed class but I really feel this is another
issue that should be corrected.  I don't have too much of a problem with
the restructure except that similar performance capable cars should stay
together.

S4/TT and Camaro/Prelude should remain in the same class.  Whether they
would be under or overdogs is for a later fight.  I mean argument, Darn it,
I mean discussion.

Lloyd

Let's look at the originally proposed DS class (current class in parens):

Acura - Integra Type R (GS) 195+ hp, diff, double wishbones
Audi - TT (AS/GS)  and S4 (AS), 180+ hp and/or AWD
BMW - M3 and other 3-series (AS/GS), 180+ hp, rwd, real suspensions, etc
Neon ACR - (DS) 132/150 hp, open diff, strut suspension
Mitshbushi/DSM - Eclipse/Talon (GS), 195+ hp, and/or awd
Suburu - WRX, 224hp, awd (AS?)
Toyota - Celica GTS (GS), 180hp, diff?

How fair is this lineup?? Not very. That is why I agree with moving
the Neon to GS.