Re: SCCA's New Home? Speak now!

To: Rick Cone <rickcone@bellsouth.net>, Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>,
Subject: Re: SCCA's New Home? Speak now!
From: Bob Monday <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:53:55 -0700 (PDT)
Like Rick, I've commented to my area director first, but..

Rent is a minor consideration for moving a HQ. Denver has a particular
lifestyle and appeals to many people who would not particularly like
Topeka, Atlanta, or Birmingham. The staff who are there likely have
other reasons for going/being there. Families, jobs, other
hobbies/interests. I am concerned that we might lose good SCCA staff in
the move. How important is it that the National SCCA office be close to
a venue for holding 2-3 national events each year? Not much in my book.

Moving is never cheap, even with public incentives, but there are many
more factors to consider than just the finances.

Bob Monday
Boys-R-Us Racing

--- Rick Cone <rickcone@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Keep in mind folks, that Birmingham is offering very, very, very
> reduced
> rent prices... Ie. $1.00 per year or so.
<snip>
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/