SCCA's New Home? Speak now!

To: ".W2W" <wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com>,
Subject: SCCA's New Home? Speak now!
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:49:39 -0500
This came from Area 6 Director Ron Franklin today, reporting on the recent
(last weekend?) BoD meeting:

>We have all heard about the possibility of a move of the SCCA headquarters
>Topeka, Atlanta or Birmingham. We did have a presentation and there will be
>vote taken on Monday August 20, 2001, 8:00 pm Central time as whether to
stay
>in Denver or move to another location. I will advise of the results as soon
as
>I can.

That makes a go/no-go vote in less than a week!

If you have an opinion on this, folks it's no more in the talking stages.
You want to talk to your area director NOW.

IMHO -- the BoD is first of all failing a basic requirement of member
notification here. One week from presentation to vote is wholly
insufficient!

Second of all -- on the assumption they are going to do it anyway next
Monday, if you have an opinion on B'ham, Atlanta, Topeka, or staying in
Denver, make it known now.

Not even sure if e-mail sent to Denver will get copied and routed in time.
You better just call your own director, or e-mail him directly.

As a public service, I'll make it easy for you. Here's their SCCA Directory
listings (home phone numbers where more than one listed; some are work
numbers):

Area 1 (NEDiv) - Kathy Barnes - 860-875-0254 - kjbarnes@compuserve.com
Area 2 (NEDiv) - Steve Limbert - 717-432-4116 - alimbert@compuserve.com
Area 3 (SEDiv) - K.P. Jones - 954-791-0252 - area3dir@bellsouth.net
Area 4 (CenDiv) - Pete Hylton - 317-892-6572 - pete@petehylton.org
Area 5 (CenDiv) - Ken Patterson - 319-277-6333 - ken.patterson@cfu.net
Area 6 (MiDiv) - Ron Franklin - 580-237-0236 - rfranklin@peakonline.com
Area 7 (SWDiv) - Dan Sherrod - 972-690-9037 - sccadan@yahoo.com
Area 8 (RMDiv) - Bob Schader - 303-661-0220 - rschader@my-freenet.com
Area 9 (NPDiv) - Gary Pitts - 650-726-7396 - gary365@aol.com
Area 10 (NEDiv) - Tom Campbell - 518-587-2522 - scca10director@juno.com
Area 11 (SPDiv) - JoAnne Jensen - 480-821-1448 - joannejensen@home.com
Area 12 (SEDiv) - Phil Mellor - 706-356-7052 - mellor_scca@yahoo.com
Area 13 (NPDiv) - John Martinsen - 425-747-8624 -
john.l.martinsen@boeing.com

(I make no guarantee that e-mail addresses in a directory printed in
February are still correct in August)

My preference, Topeka, or stay in Denver.

--Rocky Entriken