Re: Keeping coil-over springs perched

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Keeping coil-over springs perched
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:55:22 -0500
Eric Linhoff states/asks:

<<<How does one keep the springs in/on/around /whatever the upper spring
hats
when the car is up on a jack?  I assume, never having worked with coil-overs
before, that the spring will want to fall out of place when the pressure is
removed from it.  I saw a neato (I guess) deal that Hypercoil sells that
works sorta like a tender spring but it offers no additonal spring rate.
It's a thin "flat steel" spring and is supposed to help push the spring up
into the upper hat when the car gets jacked up.  When the car is back down
it (I guess) goes totally flat and becomes just a 3/4" or so spacer on the
lower perch.>>>

I have tender springs on the rear of my car. That's exactly how they work
although I think  the compressed size is probably half what you estimate.
They work great.

Paul Foster