Re: Keeping coil-over springs perched

To: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>,
Subject: Re: Keeping coil-over springs perched
From: "Andy Whittle" <awhittle@fastrans.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:43:06 -0600
Eric

Remember that once the spring comes off the perch, that corner has no more
work / force to give to the cars cornering effort.  At that point you may as
well carry that corner.  In mod we make the shock run out of travel at the
same time that the spring runs out of preload.  bottom line the easiest
thing to do is make a cable that just goes tight at the same time that the
spring becomes unloaded. A "droop limiter"

Hope this helps.

Andy Whittle